I am happy to say to you today that I have successfully converted another. If you look to your right you may see another link added to my Weirdos Wise Souls and Chuckleheads list. This one would definitely fall under that category of Weirdos...maybe chuckleheads... My dearest friend, Shana has finally caved into my endless begging and has started a blog. Go check her out at It's All About the Food. My kinda gal! Let's give her a good warm welcome.
And now for my next installment of 100 things...
31. I have allergies. I don't know what the hell I am allergic too, but I constatly sound like I have a cold. It drives me crazy. I think I am going to finally cave in and go to an allergist. One doc told me that if I ever want to breathe right I am going to have to have a nose job. That might not be bad since I hate my nose anyway. It was all smashed up and crooked when I was born. Really crooked. It straightened out mostly, but I have always hated it.
32. I am terrible with my hands. Anything remotely artsy is impossible for me. This seems unfair to me since my brother, Kevin is a fantastic artist. I can't even paint my own nails without them looking like Red did it. Really...it's that bad...
33. I hate crafts. HATE. CRAFTS. Someone call CPS right now because I never do crafts with my kids. Probably because of #32. I hate joining women's groups at church because they always make you do some craft. Can I just meet with a nice group of mommies that does not include popcicle sticks and glitter? Please? And yes to all you scrapbookers, that is crafting too. Ick.
34. When I was about 4 or so I fell in our front yard and sliced the inside of my wrist on the corner of the walkway. I still remember that so clearly. It was a bad cut. I still have the scar. I remember my mom rushing me inside and plunking me into the bath. I was screaming for my daddy. When daddy finally came home they held me over the sink and poured hydrgen peroxide over the wound. I HATED the way it bubbled and sizzled. To this day I am scared of the stuff. Dan likes to chase me around with it whenever I have a cut. Naughty man.
35. I have only been in love once in my life. How lucky is that?
36. I love Dr. James Dobson. No, he is not the one and only love of my life... But I truly respect and admire his theories on raising children and have read many of his books. I feel like he has a truly Godly perspective on parenting.
37. I have a teeny tiny bladder and a weak mind. If you even mention the bathroom, I am gonna have to pee. Road trips are fun with me.
38. I love school supplies but HATED school. There is just something irresistable about a notebook with all that fresh lined paper.
39. Growing up we often called erasers "rubbers". Hee hee. How funny is that? Does anyone else remember that?
40. My favorite color is purple. Lavender really. When I was a kid I had a purple coat. My friend Kelly was really jealous of me. I think she still is. I still tease her because the purple coat is still mine. And not hers.
41. I once saw my brother in law naked. It was not by choice and I am still scarred by it. He and his girlfriend at the time showed up at a party naked. Yes...I said naked. No...no one else was naked. The invitation did NOT say "clothing optional". So yes I saw my BIL naked. And yes, I got the good brother.
42. I am thinking about having a tummy tuck.
43. I hate those Scion and Element cars. They should be banned from the road. It should be illegal to make me look at something so ugly.
44. I would like to move to Texas. I love California but I think we could have a better lifestyle there. The schools are better, we could have a big and beautiful house, Dan could support us on a non military income... I just need to convince my family...
45. When I am in pain, I like to read directions on medicines bottles and boxes. Weird? Yes. I guess that started when I was younger and would have TERRIBLE cramps. I would sit in the bathroom and pick up anything close by and concentrate on it. So now, when I am in pain sometimes I will pick up anything near by, like Mineral Ice and read all the fine print. Hmmm...that IS weird.
46. I wish I had taken more time to travel before I was married and before we had kids. I sometimes wonder if I will ever see Europe.
47. Why is it that whenever someone says something rude to me I just stay quiet and don't know what to say? But if I am in a sassy mood and have comebacks armed and ready no one will be rude to me. Sometimes I just like looking for a fight.
48. My MIL once told me that Dan would never love me as much as he loves her. She was wrong.
49. I like chocolate chips on my peanut butter sandwich.
50. I need to have plans to have a good time. I am not one of those people who can wake up on a Saturday morning and just see how the day unfolds. We need to plan at least 1 thing to do so I can relax. It doesn't need to be a chore...it has to be something fun.
On the Topic of Kindness
4 weeks ago