21. I hate summer. There is nothing good about it. I used to love summer when I was in school. Now there is nothing special about it. It's hot, and there is nothing you can do about it. At least when you are cold you can bundle up. Plus the clothes to wear in summer are lacking...in fabric to cover my mommy body.
22. My first crush was on a boy named Lance Ketter. I loved him from the time I was Red's age. I used to chase him around the church and seemed completely unphased by his ACTIVE disinterest in me.
23. My first real boyfriend was Joe Ripley. I was convinced he is gay. He just got married, so maybe not. He was one of Dan's best friends in high school. I actually stopped seeing Dan and went out with Joe instead. What was I thinking? After I broke up with him I was sure that one day I would be on the news one day as the former girlfriend of the next Unibomber. So far so good.
24. For those of you who don't know this from my previous post, I love the word SCRAM
25. My grandpa's name was Elmer Francis Schmidt. How unfortunate is that? When I was little I thought his name was Elmer Fudd. I want to get a blood hound someday and name him Elmer. My mother is horrified and asked me to wait until she is dead. Maybe then I will want to name it Lois.
26. I have 2 older brothers who I adore. When I was young my oldest brother, Robby told me I was adopted and my name was Susan. My other brother, Kevin, once told me to read "Mad" backwards and then ran to tell my parents that I had cussed. I do love them....really.
27. When I was really little, maybe 4 or 5? I walked down to this little chapel that was down the street from my grandparent's house where they were having Vacation Bible School. I remembering them asking who wants to have Jesus in their hearts. I raised my hand, of course I want Him there, he already lives there and I don't want Him moving out. So they led us through a prayer asking Him to be our Savior and I said loudly, I ALREADY DID THIS! So I got up and left.
28. Each of our kids are named after me or my husband. Red's middle name is Danielle (after Dan), Stinky's middle name is Christian (after me), and Boo's middle name is Levi, a combo of our middle names.
29. I don't like sushi, but I want to like it because it is so pretty.
30. I really want to color my hair in wild ways but I am too chicken and too poor to keep it up.