It's gonna happen in 4 days. I feel something seeping out of me. It's my 20s. I'd say all the fun years are behind me, but I was never a real wild child so I guess I'll have to make up for it in the next decade. Yes, my 30s will be the decade of booze and sex and staying up all night.
Ok...so there won't be alot of booze...but hey, why not a little more since I was pregnant through my 20s. Maybe we can just declare Tuesday as Martini Tuesday. I like that plan. Hopefully some sex...but then again we all know where that got us in our 20s. And staying up all night isn't so much of an option as a guarantee with my little hooligans. But by GOD, I am going to live it up.
I have been assured by some wise souls that turning 30 isn't equivalent to falling off a cliff. I've even heard that this is going to be the best decade of my life, raising my kids and still being young.
Despite the horrifying number of candles on my cake...(there will be cake, right?)...I am so much happier now than I was 10 years ago. I truly wouldn't go back if I could. I am so much more self confident now and happy with my day to day life. I did some amazing things in my 20s. Got many big life goals accomplished. I married a wonderful man and had 3 beautiful children. I guess I have been busy for only being 29 years and 361 days old.
But here is a list of 30 things I would like to do in the next 30 years.
1. Go to Europe
2. Finally get a haircut I like
3. redecorate my house
4. Learn to knit
5. Take a Chinese cooking class
6. Learn to make a mean margarita
7. Go to a country concert (I never go because no one I know likes country)
8. Own a sexy car
9. Learn to exercise regularly
10. Learn to decorate cakes
11. Watch my kids graduate from high school
12. See my kids go on their first date and try not to snicker
13. Be best friends with my daughter, just like I am with my mom
14. Help my kids through college
15. Pay for Savannah's wedding
16. Give each of my kids a car
17. Go on a romantic second (did I ever really have a first??) honeymoon with my hubby.
18. Go to New York and see a Broadway play
19. Go on a girls vacation with Shana
20. Move to Texas
21. Take a trip on a train
22. Go on a Disney cruise with our kids.
23. Have a dog that gives birth to puppies
24. Take some classes that interest me for no reason, no pressure of grades (Political science, Spanish, history...things I didn't enjoy when I was younger but could appreciate now.)
25. Go to the Hershey Spa.
26. Own something by Prada.
27. Remodel my bathroom to have one of those enormous 2 person bath tubs.
28. Fall in love with my husband over and over and over again.
29. See my kids fall in love
30. Meet some grandchildren.
On the Topic of Kindness
4 weeks ago