Oops...forgot to give the linkly love to Catch for passing this meme on.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He puts his gifts in the stockings.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I like the idea and just never do it. Plus, I don't need my husband getting any ideas before his vasectomy. LOL.
5. When do you put up your decorations? I start slowly after Thanksgiving. We get our tree on the first Saturday of December as a rule. But the last few years have been HELL trying to get into Home Depot or wherever to get one on a Saturday so we'll probably do it differently this year. I think we are going...gasp....FAKE.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? We make all kinds of things for Christmas. It's never the same. But I LOVE it when my mom makes Prime Rib. MMMMM...
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The year I turned 11 my parents got my brother a hamster for Christmas and it lived in my room until Christmas day. As the day approached I became more and more jealous. I remember talking to my mom and asking her if I could just keep the hamster. I was crushed when she said no. The next day they have me the cutest kitten in the world. I didn't give a rip about that smelly old hamster after that.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 8. I was devastated.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep. But just one.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? All kinds. I have a drunk Santa on Bourbon Street which my mom scolds me for, some angels, an ornament from my MIL with a picture of me on it where I am breastfeeding. That's right. She took a picture of me breastfeeding my first child. If that weren't bad enough she framed it and made it into an ornament for our Christmas tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. But I don't live in it anymore.
12. Can you ice skate? I am able to not fall down on the ice. That is about it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My cat!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family of course. Sitting back and really contemplating the meaning of the day. That our Savior actually came to this earth to be with us and to save us.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?Pumpkin pie!
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? When I was a kid we would decorate the Christmas tree and then turn off all the lights and sing Christmas carols. I try doing that now, but I am always the only one singing and it takes the fun out of it.
17. What tops your tree?A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Oh receiving is awesome! But truly watching my kids open something I picked out for them can't be beat.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent night. How beautiful is that?
Silent night, holy night
Son of God loves pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
with the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus Lord at thy birth.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Depends on my mood.