Thursday, April 28, 2011

Is Blogging a dying Selfish indulgence?

I used to love to blog.  I spent many an hour hiding from my children and escaping into my personal rants and enjoying others in the same boat.  It is therapeutic and fun and was a creative outlet for me.  And although I find myself with more and more free time as my hooligans get older I find myself with nothing to say.  Admittedly Facebook is a much easier outlet where one can leave pithy remarks and get chuckles with little or no effort. 

I'm not sure if I'm interesting enough to keep it going.  But I do love looking back at all the funny anecdotes about my kids that really...no one reads but me.  Haha.  Maybe if I get the ball rolling again I will find more witty things to say.  But lately...for a long while now...I feel my wit and creativity have dried up.  Blogville seems quiet.  Maybe everyone else shifted over to FB to get their laughs.  Thoughts?  Cricket...cricket..... Anyone?  Bueller??

3 comments:

m. christine weber said...

Don't ditch out! I'd be so sad :-(. Because for as much as I appreciate facebook (and have some fun with it), it doesn't have nearly the personal element that reading a friend's blog offers. And while I know what you mean about wit and creativity drying up, I find having other blogger friends actually helps to sharpen said wit! At least...I hope :-S. I also think eating chocolate and swearing about nothing in particular helps one's wit, so...

;-)

Mz.Elle said...

I'm going to start up again, on another blog,lol so don't give up! I enjoy your posts so much! We can revitalize ourselves together!

Gingers Mom said...

Lael - let me know your new blog