Saturday, March 13, 2010

Red-Isms


My parents visited us from the mainland.  And...shocker...Dan spent most of their 2 weeks here traveling or out to sea etc.  So for much of their visit they slept in my room and I roomied up with Red.  She was sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor and me in her bed.  As we were getting ready for bed one night,  I offered to  sleep on the couch in the living room so Red could have her own bed.

"No mom, you need to know what it is like to not have a TV in your room."

Does CPS remove children from homes for such deprivation?

____________________________________________________________________________

GingersMom:  Red, if you get any more beautiful the boys are gonna come after you and you'll have to beat them off with sticks.

Red:  YES!!!!

GingersMom:  Yes to the boys a'comin or yes to the sticks?

Red:  Both!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday I was sitting mindlessly like tub of jello (As per usual), the kids outside playing when I heard Savannah shouting:

LINUS IS HAVING BABIES!!!  LOOK HE'S HAVING A BABY!

One might become alarmed to learn their neutered male dog is giving birth.  However, as one wise friend once told me...denial is key.  The best parenting advice ever...just pretend it's not happening.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss blogging myself....I'm hoping to maybe do a bit on my kitchen blog. :(

Anonymous said...

She is FUNNY! And quick too!

And do I even want to know why Savannah thought the dog was having puppies?!

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular model. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 250 bucks on every page. But definitively I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros are approximately 220 dollars everwhere. But completely I bring about this site selling them for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

m. christine weber said...

The older I become, the more convinced I am that denial is the key to MANY things. Wrinkles, bodily functions, weird people, people you're not sure if they're pregnant or just "look that way," what counts as "having a sexy bod," what's in style, and what my children do in the grocery store when they think I'm not looking.