Wednesday, January 06, 2010

They're After Me

Hawaiian living is not always what it is cracked up to be. Granted....I live across the street from a gorgeous beach. It is a balmy 79 degrees today in January. And I have beautiful hibiscus and plumeria blooming in my yard year round. Bliss....

However, we do have some things that might deter you from this life of non stop pleasure. Perhaps, the giant rats? Rats the size of your overfed cat? Oh yes, my friend. And they live in my attic. Dan was able to convince me for several months that there was actually a cat up there. Ah, to be transported back in time to that lovely place called ignorance...or denial.

Yes, we have rats the size of a toddler living above us. And they are too smart to be trapped. And to top it off, they are now chewing holes in our ceiling. That's right...I said holes in my ceiling.

I am beginning to understand why they are planning to demolish this place in March.

So, if you are interested in a ghetto shack with a glorious view of a Hawaiian beach. You know where to find it.

I'll be the one in the fetal position in the corner with the baseball bat.....

6 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

OHMYGOSH!
i rather like rats but something tells me rats that big would FREAK ME OUT! lol You poor dear..I hear drinking helps;p

Anonymous said...

That is beyond disgusting! Sorry I'm not there to help hold a baseball bat! Start counting down the days until demo, then scream die rat suckers die! LOL
Miss you Shan

Gingers Mom said...

When Dan leaves I am going to be armed with a bottle of tequila and a bebe gun. LOL.

thanks, Shan. Love the encouragement. :)

Anonymous said...

I am laughing hysterically at this post! My parents were stationed at Hickam Field 32 years ago - and 32 years later, my mother is STILL complaining about the 'wildlife' that she was subjected to during their 3 year tour! The sight of a gecko is enough to make her gag.

(And I am loving your blog! I haven't made it through all of your archives, but I caught that you were stationed in San Diego . . . hubby and I lived in Escondido for 3.5 years - he worked in Oceanside, bordering Camp Pendelton.)

Gingers Mom said...

Hey Fishsticks. (for some reason that really makes me snicker....)
My hubs and I grew up in Mira Mesa. Then we got stationed there for 7 years. We were really lucky to be there that long. Hawaii is a lot of fun, but we keep hoping SD is in our future again. :)

Caro said...

Yikes. That would scare me too. You should buy a cat to catch them, a REALLY big cat.