Monday, June 16, 2008

Giggles

This morning my 5 and 3 year olds and I were discussing bad dreams and monsters. A big concern in our house these days. We sing the Veggie Tale's song "God is bigger than the Boogie Man" song and it usually eases their little minds. Then I remind them that Jesus is in their hearts and always with them so they don't need to be scared.

Red: But mom, Jesus isn't bigger than the Boogie Man and the Monsters. (looking scared)

Mom: Well, honey, Jesus IS God. So of course he is bigger than the Boogie Man.

Red: (Giggling) Oh, I didn't know that. I just thought they work together.

Stinky: Jesus is bigger. But I am stronger than the monsters. I know the Kung Fu.

4 comments:

Bearette said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate the mommy advice :) Yeah, I like having a newborn...

Dr.John said...

Monsters know better than to go where a kid knows Kung Fu.

Jez said...

I know a few moves myself. But my ass is still running if I see a monster! ;-)

Caro said...

LMAO at Jez's comment.