Friday, July 13, 2007

Little Treasures

Stinky and I were playing the name game. Can you guess the first name of your relatives. (Poppa's name, Grandma's name, Daddy's name etc.)


Gingers Mom: Stinky, what is mommy's name?


Stinky: Mommy.


GM: That's right. But what is my real name?


Stinky: Oh yeah....The Boss.



The other day Red climbed up on me for a cuddle. She laid her head down on my chest and was quiet for a long while.


Red: Mommy, your heart is going tap...tap...tap...

(she taps on my chest)


GM: That's right. My heart is pumping blood through my body and that is the sound it makes.


She ponders that for a moment.


Red: No...I think Jesus is trying to get out.


4 comments:

Dr.John said...

That reminds me of a story from my childhood. I spent a lot of time at Gram's house. When she asked me who she was I said you my ma. Then she asked who the other lady was and I said O that's Edith. I spent less time at Gram;s after that.

Michelle said...

the boss! LOL What a great answer :)

thanks for the congrats! We had been trying for 1.5 yrs so we are definitely excited!

Anonymous said...

The boss. I love that.

My 4-year old sometimes call me the bestest dad.

"Why am I the bestest?" I ask.

"Because I'm the bestest big boy," he says.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

Unknown said...

Kids always seem to come up with the cutest things to say.