51. I cry when I am sick. Almost everytime. I turn into a big baby and want my mommy.
52. I really thought that I would never be chubby. I was always tall and thin. It really shocked me that I didn't lose the baby weight after I had the boys. It hurts my self esteem. Now where is that chocolate chip cookie dough???
53. One year for Christmas my mom had a doll specially made for me. She ordered it months in advance to look like me. She was so excited and couldn't wait to give it to me. When I opened it on Christmas morning, mom was beaming and made a big fuss. The doll's name was "Lovey". I hated it and refused to play with it. It crushed her. That came round to bite me in the ass when I had a daughter of my own.
54. I would have named one of my sons "Ronnie" after my FIL just to piss off my MIL. I'm not even joking.
55. I don't like practical jokes. They make me uncomfortable and embarrassed. I don't even like to see them happen to other people.
56. I have a ton of DVDs but never watch them.
57. Dan took me to a carnival on our very first date in high school. It was really sweet. I tried and tried to get him to kiss me to no avail. He did hold my hand on the walk home. I thought he was adorable. Still do. I try to convince him we should take the kids to the same carnival when it comes to town twice a year. He says no because only drug dealers and gang members go there. Ah how suburbia is crumbling before our very eyes, Dan.
58. On our first "date" in college Dan and I went down to La Jolla and talked for hours. Later that night we were chatting and flirting. Just as he was about to kiss me he put his head down which seemed FOREVER. I felt like a big dork just sitting there waiting for the awkward moment to be over. Finally he looked up and said, "You know this is going to change everything?" I just smiled...and then everything did.
59. Stinky was born 11 years to the day after our very first date.
60. I ordered my wedding dress before Dan and I were officially engaged.
61. Dan took my dad to pick out my engagement ring. How cute is that?
62. I had a crush on a boy named Robbie when I was in elementary school. I would purposefully walk home the way that would go past his house and walk.....really...slowly.....to see if I could catch a glimpse of him. One day I was walking by and slid on a big patch of ice and fell flat on my back RIGHT in front of his house and laid there like a comlete spaz and could not get up. I am pretty sure he saw me through the window. I didn't walk that way home for a long while.
63. Cookie monster is my favorite Sesame Street character.
64. It has been over 2 years since I have seen my best friend, Shana and I miss her so much it hurts sometimes. I have lived in California and her in Canada for 16 years and this is the longest we have ever gone without a visit.
65. People who get to know me one on one would never believe that I am shy. But if you put me in a party with people I don't know I get PETRIFIED and don't know what to do with myself. I think people in that situation think that I am snooty, but really I am just really uncomfortable and self concious.
66. One day when I was hugely pregnant with Savannah I went to Home Depot to get some last minute items for her nursery. I think I was about a week overdue at the time and waddling. Bad. As I was walking through the parking lot to Home Depot a man coming out of the store stopped dead in his tracks and just watched me waddle by. When I was about halfway across the street he just started pointing at me and laughing. If I could have picked my foot far enough off the ground I would have kicked his sorry ass.
67. My kids birthdays are coming up soon and I am looking forward to them as much or more than my own birthday. And I LOVE my birthday. Maybe it is because next year I am going to be 30....I mean 22 again.
68. White Cake with chocolate buttercream frosting is the perfect food.
69. My parents paid entirely for my wedding. I will never forget that and will do WHATEVER it takes to do that for my own daughter in their honor.
70. I love to shop. Scratch that. I love to spend money. It doesn't even have to be something fun like clothes or toys. Sometimes I just get an overwhelming urge to swipe that debit card. Even on groceries...there is something so liberating about it. Even if I am just running to the store to buy Dan socks...what a rush!