Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Friday!

Not much to say on this very fine Friday morning. I got up at the CRACK of dawn...before that actually and took Dan and Red to the airport. They are on their way to Utah for a wedding. Red is the flower girl. She has talked NON stop for weeks about how she is going on an airplane and going to wear a pretty dress. She complained all the way there that she wanted that damn dress. I put her in a cute little sundress hoping that would appease her. No. She wants the new one. Oh well. It's Dan's problem now. Bwahahahhahahaha!
My nephew, Hudson, is coming home from the hospital today. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on him. It has really made my uterus ache believe it or not. But I'll blog about that later. No I am not pregnant. Hee hee.
So this weekend it is just me and the boys again. Stinky has been very upset the last few days. He was SO mad at me for being gone for those few days while I was at the hospital. He missed Dan SO SO SO much while he was gone for the last 2 weeks. Dan just got home yesterday and left again this morning for the wedding. As we pulled away from the curb at the airport he just called out, "Daddy?? Sissy??" So sad. I need to think of something fun for us to do while they are gone. Maybe we'll go for ice cream or build a tent and eat popcorn. I don't know. He'll probably like going to see his new cousin. (Red calls him "Husband" and gets angry if you correct her. I find that disturbing).
I showed Red a pic of Hudson on the computer. Immediately she said, "I love him so much! He's sad....He's crying because he NEEDS me." Gotta love the egocentric almost 4 year old.

Since it is Friday I'll get back to my comment awards, even though I have been scarce this week. And the winner is.... NICKI!

"What a perfect little chubba wubs! Tiffany you are a tough cookie. How exciting. Congratulations all around"

She wins because I think Chubba Wubs is my new favorite thing to say. It makes me smile when I say it and it sums up the Hud perfectly. Go check out either of Nicki's blogs. She and her husband Mike and son Josh are living in Japan for a few years. They do all kinds of fun stuff and talk about Japan from an American perspective. Nicki also has an AWESOME recipe site. Alot of Japanese flavor but alot of variety. All the recipes I have tried have been a hit.

Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

Red is sooooo me when it comes to my nephew. I am currently trying to have Child Services come and deem my sister and bro-in-law unfit so I can have him all to myself.

Ok, not really. But I love that little chit.

Gingers Mom said...

I hear ya! They are so cute. But at least at the end of the day you can send them home to their parents! Hee hee... I have 3 adorable nephews now to love on. We're gonna need a niece one of these days....

Linda said...

Your nephew and then me posting pic of my preggo daughter n law makes me wish I could have another girl.

I will check out the recipe site thanks I am always looking for new recipes to try on the family.

The Domesticator said...

"he's crying..he needs me"...that is so adorable! Congrats all around to the family on the new addition. You must be psyched to be an auntie!

Andrew McAllister said...

Hi Kristin,
Huudson is a cute one! Congrats on the new nephew.

Thank you so much for visiting "To Love, Honor and Dismay" and for leaving such a nice comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (...maybe you would even consider adding me to your list of links so your readers can find their way as well? I promise I'll leave the porch light on for them :o)

All the best!
Andrew

Catch said...

How exciting for Red to be going away with Daddy and flying on an airplane! And she has daddy all to herself, I bet she is in her glory! lol. I hope you post some pics of her being the flower girl....she will be so cute!!!!! Enjoy your time with the boys!!! A tent and popcorn sounds good!

Caro said...

I hope you post pics of Red in her dress.

I always wanted the chance to be in a wedding when I was a little girl but I think I was too horribly behaved.

Unknown said...

Hey Kris,

Thanks for voting my lovely wife the "quote of the week" winner. By the way, can you fix the links to Nicki's blogs so that we can shamelessly attract more hits? The one for Japan Years has your blog title attached to it and the one to Nicki's Kitchen has a comma in there instead of a period. We're comment whores, so any extra pimping you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Gingers Mom said...

Oops...I'll fix that! I'm a comment whore too!