Monday, August 14, 2006

Down and out...


Dan came home yesterday with Red. They had a great time. Dan told me that she was the star of the show...at least in HER mind. She actually DID walk down the aisle, toss her flower petals and even hold the maid of honor's hand through the cermony. Until she got bored after about 5 minutes and went to sit on daddy's lap.
When they got there on Friday, the bride and all her gals wisked Red off to the mall and bought her some toys and they all got manicures and pedicures. She was so excited. What color? Pink of course. I have to admit I was a little jealous. I had been planning on taking her to do that for the first time and never got around to it. I wish I was there to see her grow up just that little bit more. It seems to be happening so fast. I didn't even get to see her in her dress. Dan didn't have our camera with him, so no pics yet. I hope we'll get some soon...
I was sick yesterday. A random fever that came and went by this morning. So I spent all day in bed passed out. (Remind me to post about the differences between men and women when they are sick) Dan works late tonight too. Maybe we'll see each other at least once before he leaves again. Hmph.

6 comments:

Caro said...

My MIL gave my second born her first bath as a favor to me.

I wanted to cry.

Weinraub Family said...

Ohh she is ADORABLE. Makes you want to squeeze her, with those cheeks and that amazing hair.
My daughter Leah is in wedding in Feb, she is only 2, so I am keeping my fingers crossed she makes it down the isle without screaming a total fit.

When you guys do the manicure pedicure thing, it will be the first time for the TWO of you...make a day of it and (when hubby is not away) spend the whole day being girly with no one else around.

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe it was a clogged milk duct (SP??) I got that when I was breastfeeding Josh. Fever for like 24 hours then it was gone. Weird. Sounds like they had such a good time. Glad to hear that everyone is back safe sound & most important, good looking nails! :)

Miss Kelly said...

That's tough. I'd be jealous too.
That's one of the hard things between Claudia and I - I want to take her to do things but I'm afraid to step on her mom's toes. I can tell when I've taken her shopping and she'll be on the phone with her mom that it bothers her. Just the sort of answers she gives - like how much things cost (I'm a quality, not quantity person).
I can't wait to see pictures of the dress though!

Christina_the_wench said...

She has beautiful red hair. OMG. Precious!

Trailady said...

What a little cutie pie!! Love that RED hair!!!! :o)