Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Babysitter

I need a babysitter. I have managed to go 3 1/2 years without having to use one, but the time has now come. My parents or brother etc have always watched my kids for me when I need to go out. But things have changed and I find myself up a creek, needing to run an errand and have nowhere to leave my kids. For example, today is the day I am supposed to sign escrow papers. For any of you who have gone through this you know that it is an excruciatingly long and tedious process. It's not that all the wonderful and generous people in my life wouldn't be willing to help out, it's that it is hard to find people available at the right time. So I am in search of a babysitter. I have no idea where to start looking - and I don't know how to find someone that I could really trust. I'm a freak when it comes to my kids. I didn't even let my mother in law watch them for almost 3 years. (who could blame me on that one though??)
I don't even know what a babysitter would charge nowadays....probably more than I would like to imagine. Especially for 3 kids under the age of 4!! LOL!!
My dear, dear husband's suggestion was to put the signing off until tomorrow morning when Savannah is in school and take the boys with me. As if taking my 20 month old to the escrow office is going to be any easier... I'd like to see what he would say if I suggested he do the same in my position. He won't even take them to the grocery store to pick up milk! HA!
So I'm on a mission and would happily take any suggestions on where to start looking. Have a great day to you all!

5 comments:

Caro said...

We have an agency around here called Choices for Children. They are a child care referral agency. If you have an agency like that in your area, they might know someone who is willing to take some drop-ins.

Maybe in yellow pages under child care?

Miss Kelly said...

Oh man - and I have the day off today! Send 'em over.

Unknown said...

I am having the same difficulty here. I've heard the Red Cross is a great place to find a babysitter. They list all babysitters that register with them and have taken the first aid courses that they offer. I'm actually going to check there myself.

Gingers Mom said...

Thanks for the ideas. I am so nervous leaving them with a stranger...you just never know these days. But I might check out those places. Or just stick em on a plane and ship them off to Kelly. I like that one best.

Miss Kelly said...

Me too!