Sunday, February 19, 2006

A good day

I had a good day today. For the last several nights, my kids and I have spent the night at my parents house and I actually got good sleep. My mom took the kids this morning and let me sleep in before church. Ahhh. It felt so good. Then I went out to lunch and my kids actually behaved. Whew. Then my folks and I took Savannah and Vincent to see Curious George. What a cute movie! I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind, but it was adorable and funny. I especially love hearing all the kids in the audience with their laughter and gasping and worrying when George was in trouble. It was a fun day. We talked to Dan on the phone - the kids miss him so badly. Seeing their little faces light up when Daddy's voice comes on the line is enough to make my heart burst wide open. Such love in such tiny little faces.
They are sleeping now and I am enjoying some much needed alone time. Ahhhh.....

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Glad to hear you had a "Good Mommy Day". We deserve those every once in a while, don't we?! Also glad to hear you are getting some rest. Take time for YOU! I was pregnant with #2 when my husband & I were apart for 6 months during his internship. It was rough, but also a special bonding time for me with my firstborn. All things work together for good...